Subject Author Posted Replies

Climbers for shade
I am trying to find a vine/climber that will grow in an area that receives only about 2 or 3 hours of sunlight per day. I have found many that will grow in full or partial sun, but none that will grow...
6
6

soil from the curb
I live on a quiet corner (traffic wise) and the ivy has grown over the curb. It's been a few years since I cleaned this out so there's as a good bit of soil in there, it's pretty light in consistency,...
3
3

Seeds
A neighbor has just informed me that he has been having a problem getting seeds from a local nursery. Seems the government has something to do with it. Anyone heard anything? Steve
21
21

Home ground wheat recipes
Yes, I know this is not - but I'm betting a lot of you have recipes that use home-ground wheat. I just got a nice shiny new wheat grinder so I can finally do something with all this wheat piled up in...
1
1

Pulled plants
Unless my long term is getting close to my short term I do not recall the concept of pulled plants be bandied about here. 20 years ago I could go to a local farmer not a nursery center or a big box...

Energy, health care, agriculture, climate change, global outbreaks like swine flu
health care, agriculture, climate change, global outbreaks like swine flu. What do all of these topics have in common? Food. That¹s right. None of these issues can really be tackled without...
21
21

Fennel vs Tomatoes
This year I decided to try growing some fennel in my garden. Unbeknownst to me, however, fennel apparently inhibits the growth of tomatoes -- at least this is what I have been told. Can anyone testify...
6
6

Who?
Who is eating my Hydrangea? http://img55.imageshack.us/img55/4298/ortensiac.jpgCiao http://img55.imageshack.us/img55/4298/ortensiac.jpgCiao,

Got my veggie plants
To save my self aggravation and to support local farms and nurseries, I went to my favorite farm stand yesterday and got my starts. Sweet Gold, black and green cherry tomatoes and a grape tomato and 4...
10
10

peeking over the fence...
just to say howdy! lol! The kids and I have been keeping busy these days, but things are slowing some now. The kids are all doing well, with the baby growing like a weed...lol! Tripled the size of our...
16
16

onions and leeks question
I have lost the labels from both onion and leek seedlings -- Posted via - Premium Uncensored Newsgroup Service ------->>>>>> Usenet access provider NewsDemon serving the USA and U.K. with 4432 days...
26
26

Lots a lemons
I have a "lots of lemons" which desperately needs to be repotted into its lifetime pot but it is always in fruit or flowering. I don't want to kill it what will I do? I have L Plates.
2
2

silver mounds
Looking for something like silver mounds but for full shade any ideas?
1
1

Onion Set Question
I live in Pittsburgh, PA, and plant little onions in the spring. I was wondering if you could plant them in late summer (August), and at least get the small green onion tops until probably December....
3
3

Deadheading
Out of all my gardening mistakes I'm starting to think being lax about deadheading may be right up there. Do you deadhead ? Here is a short video. I've been at Longwood Garden's late spring and seen...