Subject Author Posted Replies

Help identifying a wasp please
I'm in Southern NH, current temp about 65, cool, breezy and storm on it's way. Today I found a wasp nest, with wasps, unlike anything I've ever seen. First, I actual had pulled on the stem it was on...
21
21

hydrangea
I have a plant that belonged to my grandmother. It is not doing very well due to being moved, eaten by a puppy and stomped by construction workers. It is now about a foot tall and I have a bit of hope...
2
2

What kind of insect is eatiny my peppers
Some of my bell peppers are showing scars. It looks like a strip about 1/4 inch wide iand an inch long s being eaten off of them. Very neat edges. Then the spot dries out and turns brown. What is...

Yucca plant
Hi, I was recently given a very deformed Yucca. It has two branches coming out of the same side and keeps falling over. The branches have lots of green growth but they're all over the place. I'd like...
3
3

Can anyone identify this flower?
Sorry for the image quality. My mom had this plant at her old house and was asking me about it. I know practically nothing about anything that flowers and doesn't produce a vegetable :) so.. I'm...
1
1

White spots on leaves could be powdery mildew fungus
QUESTION: =93I just planted some salvia in my garden and noticed some white spots on the leaves. Any suggestions?=94 =96 Mazzocco ANSWER: The white spots could be from mineral deposits from watering,...

potatoes
hi everyone i have just planted a small plot of potatoes,and a lot of them have a type of wart all over the skin are these still edibile and is there a way of preventing this from happening.i have a...
3
3

Picking time
I have seen zucchini approach the size of a VW in size. I know they couldn't be good, as the ones I like are about 6" long and about as round as a silver dollar. Is there a trick to harvesting...
1
1

Saving trees via cutting off the damaged top
I've had great luck with Japanese Maples but failed with Dog Woods and others. Seems the idea of coppicing is mainly for firewood but I wonder in the practice can extend to other ornamental trees. Any...
3
3

Garden tree roots sprouting shoots, any advice?
I've got a small-ish (30ft) beech tree in my front garden right in the middle of the lawn. Apart from occasional trimming of the branches it's been fine for the first 2 years I've been in my house,...
1
1

Staking cucumbers in pots
To say my yellow lemon cucs have taken off is an understatement. I swear I can hear them growing right now. Four weeks old and they are 4 feet tall with big yellow flowers *everywhere.* They're...
8
8

Acorn Squash-when to pick
My Acorn Squash (maybe Table Queen) look mature and size has stopped increasing. They are large, heavy, dark green with thick stems. They have been that color and size for weeks. When to remove from...
4
4

Need Plant ID
Unknown Plant folder. http://tinypic.com/1r509n5u
13
13

Meet Miss Lucy
Last February when I went to the Northwest Flower & Garden Show I swore I would stick to my list: one pack of Moonflower seeds and new pair of shears that would be small and a good fit for my hands....
3
3

Surprises in the vegetable garden this year
My 20x20 garden is strange this year. I am having a bumper crop of volunteer butternut squash! Doing well: peppers, stawberries, potatoes, parsley Not doing well: tomatoes, radishes OK: cucumbers I...
4
4