Worm farms - collecting/harvesting worms?

Page 4 of 4

I use an old laundry tub for water and that and under the flat feed trays that I use for scraps are both good places for worm gathering. Move them and the girls dive right in.

another good protein scource is to just tie up and bit of raw meat in the pen above where they can pick ay it and let it get fly blown. The maggots drop and the girls gobble them apparently. I've not tried it yet but always mean to do so.

Just giving them bit of mince meat in some pollard would also work as a good protein source.
Ive found that carpet laid down will make a worm castle where they will hang out all the time.
Cant feed them threw it, but you can feed them right next to it and harvest under it.

"You call that a worm? Now this is a WORM" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Giant_Gippsland_earthworm
;-)