Worms in rough lumber

I picked up about 600 feet of 5/4 air dried cherry. I plan to make hardwood flooring for the kitchen, however I find a lot of worm holes (making this wormy cherry) and a few small white grubs (not termites -- I know termites).

How can I treat the wood to kill these worms (do I have to treat the wood?) This gives and interesting aged appearance to the few boards I have made.

TIA Jack Hill

Reply to
Jack Hill

Someday, it'll all be over....

Reply to
Tom

Extreme heat, extreme cold and fumigation. If you have a kiln close by, that would be my first choice.

Reply to
Lawrence A. Ramsey

I bought some ash awhile back and it sounds similar to you. I'm in CT and they were powder post beetles.

I went ahead and milled up the wood and haven't seen any ill effects.

Mike

Reply to
Mike in Mystic