Why are my cucumbers white?

They taste fine. Early in the season they were bitter...very bitter, but now they taste fine. Now they are almost white, w/ some streaky light green. What causes them to be this color. I didn't buy a white cucumber, I got them from lowe's, and they were supposed to be a regular green cuke! It's not bothering me, as I said they taste fine, kinda bland actually. I'm just curious. I live in TN. We've been getting a decent amount of rain this year. But it has been hot.

Reply to
Sam

Shade?

Seed packaging error?

Reply to
phorbin

1) They are actually white cucumbers. 2) They are green cucumbers that are sun bleached.

David

Reply to
David Hare-Scott