Where is spring?

I need to start putting stuff in the ground, but it's been really cold. Tomorrow I might put some pea seeds in the ground though, they don't mind the cold. But I have my sugar maple arriving tomorrow and no clue where to put it...was hoping to put it in the ground, but I got a big enough pot for it. I have filled up all my peat pots already, so I'm moving onto the small plastic pots I have, thoroughly cleaned out yogurt containers, anything I can find...I have WAAAAAAAY too many seeds compared to the planting containers I have...I am grateful to Seed Savers though, because of the info they have on the back of their seed packets. I did not know corns and melons will cross-pollinate with other corns or melons, so that will definitely change my plan for what goes in the ground where. I just wish I could get rid of some of the pine trees around here, because it's kinda hard to find good spots that have enough sun. Plus I am sick of having to having to rake up pine needles/cones 3 out of 4 seasons a year...

Victoria, zone 5a(but would almost kill to be zone 7)

Reply to
Lilah Morgan

Heh, zone 6 and it snowed this weekend.

The snowdrops are still in bloom and the daffodils are barely poking up.

We had what, one warmish day in March?

I did see the first turkey vulture of the year yesterday...

Reply to
Pat Kiewicz

Reply to
Granby

Yeah I would be less pissy about it if I also wasn't running out of room to put the starter pots in the house. I don't know why I bought more seeds(amaranth and broom corn) yesterday, but I didn't have them and wanted them, so there ;-) *is considering for suing Al Gore since he promised us global warming to get money to build some greenhouses on her property...maybe some solar panels too*

Reply to
Lilah Morgan