Where is spring?

I need to start putting stuff in the ground, but it's been really cold. Tomorrow I might put some pea seeds in the ground though, they don't mind the cold. But I have my sugar maple arriving tomorrow and no clue where to put it...was hoping to put it in the ground, but I got a big enough pot for it. I have filled up all my peat pots already, so I'm moving onto the small plastic pots I have, thoroughly cleaned out yogurt containers, anything I can find...I have WAAAAAAAY too many seeds compared to the planting containers I have...I am grateful to Seed Savers though, because of the info they have on the back of their seed packets. I did not know corns and melons will cross-pollinate with other corns or melons, so that will definitely change my plan for what goes in the ground where. I just wish I could get rid of some of the pine trees around here, because it's kinda hard to find good spots that have enough sun. Plus I am sick of having to having to rake up pine needles/cones 3 out of 4 seasons a year...
Victoria, zone 5a(but would almost kill to be zone 7)
--
What would YOU do for a Klondike Bar?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lilah Morgan said:

Heh, zone 6 and it snowed this weekend.
The snowdrops are still in bloom and the daffodils are barely poking up.
We had what, one warmish day in March?
I did see the first turkey vulture of the year yesterday...
--
Pat in Plymouth MI

"So, it was all a dream."
Here near Terre Haute Indiana, we had snow showers and thunderstorms all in the same day. It is an awful feeling to want to be out in the dirt and just too darn cold.

Yeah I would be less pissy about it if I also wasn't running out of room to put the starter pots in the house. I don't know why I bought more seeds(amaranth and broom corn) yesterday, but I didn't have them and wanted them, so there ;-) *is considering for suing Al Gore since he promised us global warming to get money to build some greenhouses on her property...maybe some solar panels too*