Seed collections

Lots of seeds.

I like provider string beans along with Italian flat beans.

Bill

Reply to
Bill

Just wondering if I'm the only who has a nice hefty seed collection. This is I think everything I have...I think it is. Oh wait, I don't think I put the tomato seeds I saved from last year, but I didn't know what their name was, I just labelled them by color(red/green 'striped', gold, purple, etc)

FLOWERS Jolly Jester, Sunspot Sunflower, Jupiter's Beard, Sparky Mixed Marigold, Moonflower, Mixed Colors Verbena, French Dwarf Double Mixed Colors Marigold, Crimson Rambler Morning Glory, Bon Bon Mixed Calendula, Crackerjack Mixed Colors Marigold, Mixed Colors Flowering Kale, Mixed Colors Morning Glory, Dwarf Sunny Red Cosmos, Double Dwarf Mixed Colors Marigold, Maritimum Tall Sweet Alyssum, Mammoth Sunflower, French Lemondrop Marigold, Forget Me Nots, Covent Garden Gypsophila, Petite Orange Marigold, Giant Cactus Mixed Color Zinnia, Polka Dot Mixed Colors Bachelor Buttons, Extra Dwarf Mixed Sweet William, Pearly Gates Morning Glory, Vista Formula Salvia Mix, Dreamland Zinnia Mix, Dwarf French Mixed Colors Marigold, Dwarf Pumila Sprite Mixed Colors Zinnia, Giant Mixed Colors Morning Glory, Giants of California Zinnia, Generic Sunflower, Bells of Ireland, Chinese Lantern, Empress of India Nasturtium, Johnny Jump Up

FRUIT Sunberry, Garden Huckleberry, Aunt Molly's Ground Cherry, Crane Melon, Golden Watermelon, Hale's Best Cantaloupe, Sugar Baby Watermelon, Hearts of Gold Cantaloupe, Charleston Grey Watermelon, Hale's Best Jumbo Cantaloupe, Earli-Dew Hybrid Honeydew Melon

HERBS Stevia, Krausa Parsley, Long Island Dill Mammoth, Sweet Basil, Italian Parsley, Lemon Basil, Garlic Chives, Broad Leaf Sage, Lettuce Leaf Basil, Oregano, Extra Triple Curled Parsley, Spicy Globe Basil, Echinacea, Plain Parsley, Lemon Grass, Walla Walla Onion, Plain Garlic

MISCELLANEOUS Big Bluestem(Prarie Grass), Luffa, Black Locust, Multi-Hued Quinoa, Burgundy Amaranth, Hawthorn, Bunny Tails, Dipper Gourd, Bushel Gourd, Mini Bottle Gourds, Broom Corn, Apple Gourd, Bird House Gourd, Swan Gourd, Ornamental Mixed Gourds, Cat Grass

SALAD GREENS Mustard Mix(Tendergreen, Sawtooth, Osaka Purple, Green Wave, Red Giant), Bulls Blood Beet, Seven Top Turnip Greens, Parris Island Lettuce, Green Butterhead Lettuce, Little Lucy Okra, Green Romaine Lettuce, Grand Rapids Leaf Lettuce, Walmart Iceberg Lettuce, American Seed Iceberg Lettuce, Salad Bowl Lettuce, Early Golden Acre Cabbage, Strawberry Spinach, Bright Lights Swiss Chard

VEGGIES Gourmet Yellow Stuffer Tomato, Blue Jade Corn, Sweet Chocolate Bell Pepper, Romanesco Broccoli, Dragon Carrot, Small Sugar Pumpkin, Nantes Coreless Carrot, Early White Vienna Kohlrabi, California Wonder Bell Pepper, Green Globe Artichoke, Danvers Half Long Carrot, Jack O'Lantern Pumpkin, Fordhook

242 Lima Bean, Hungarian Hot Wax Pepper, Dakota Peas(shelling type), Easter Egg 2 Blend Radish, Miniature Blue Ornamental Corn, Round Red Red Ace F1 Hybrid Beet, Cherokee Trail of Tears Beans, Round Black Spanish Radish, Cayenne Pepper, Lemon Cucumber, Super Sugar Snap Improved Edible Pod Pole Pea, Champion Radish, American Slicing Marketmore 76 Cucumber, Dwarf Grey Sugar Pea, Serrano Chili Pepper, Muncher Cucumber, Oregon Sugar Pod Pea 2, Hybrid Placido Elongated Sweet Bell Pepper, National Pickling Cucumber, Camelot Hybrid Sweet Bell Pepper, Detroit Dark Red Beet, Hybrid Sweet Bell Pepper Rainbow Mix, Ruby Queen Beet, Maraca Hybrid Pepper Mix, Improved Hubbard Squash, Cylindra Beet, Straight Eight Cucumber, Table Queen Squash, Hot Jalapeno Pepper, Chocolate Cherry Tomato, Earth Tones Corn, Northstar Bell Pepper, Spaghetti Squash, Brussels Sprouts, Baby Boo Pumpkin, Watermelon Radish, Jaradale Pumpkin
Reply to
Lilah Morgan

Tell me about it...I don't even have enough room to plant them all...and I just bought 5 more seed packets today...Zebrina flowers, Tonda Di Parigi carrots, a lettuce collection(Black Seeded Simpson, Bibb, Prize Head, Grand Rapids), Purple Vienna Kohlrabi, and Climbing/Malabar Spinach. I am so insane...

Reply to
Lilah Morgan

Looks like a nice assortment of seeds you mention, and I notice you mention saving seeds...yet you include hybrids in your list. Saved seeds from hybrids will not produce what their parents produced.

I have over five hundred open-pollinated, heirloom, whatever-ever-you-wanna-call-em varieties in subzero storage and add more each year.

Hybrids are great to pick up at year-end clearance and throw into cold storage just for the production benefits. Last winter I bought 750 (all the store had) packets of assorted veg seeds for.....ta-da.....a penny/packet. They went straight to silca gel then to the freezer. Rainy day emergencys and all that.

Suzanne Ashworth - "Seed to Seed"

highly recommend this book for your seed saving activities.

Charlie

?Bad seed is a robbery of the worst kind: for your pocket-book not only suffers by it, but your preparations are lost and a season passes away unimproved.? -- George Washington

Reply to
Charlie

Yeah most of the hybrids were from a nursery's booth last year at farmer's market...they had a couple big baskets of free seed packets and since it was free I grabbed what I could...I don't really trust hybrids cause I wonder if they're hybrids as in cross-bred or hybrids as in GMO type stuff. I've looked through the Seed Savers catalog so many times, I can recognize the same varieties in the seed aisles at stores here and grab 'em...the Zebrina flowers I got today were one of them. Oh and I forgot to mention I have way too many german chamomile seeds as well. They have naturalized on our property and become just about a weed basically, and I got alot of seed from them last year to give away as a free gift for buying from our farmer's market booth this year...if anyone has any amish pie pumpkin or jelly melon cucumber/kiwano horned melon, whatever you want to call it seeds I'd be happy to trade some german chamomile seeds or parris island lettuce seeds, I have plenty of them.

Reply to
Lilah Morgan