When to give up on Tomatoes

Here in central Alabama it is still in the 70's. It did get into the low 30's a couple of nights. I have a few tomatoes on which the fruit continues to get larger, but doesn't seem to want to ripen. They're only getting a couple of hours of sun right now. The cherry size Hungarian Yellows continue to ripen, but the bigger varieties don't seem to do much, though I had one fruit start to blush after the cold snap, so it is probably possible.
I should probably give up, but this second round of tomatoes are the survivors of the squirrel carnage earlier this season. And why did the squirrels give up on the tomatoes anyway?
TIA
--
Martin McCaffery
Director

the squirrels gave up when they found other sources of water that they liked better (berries perhaps). Put out a pan of water for them when it is hot and dry, wait for them to get used to it ( it takes a few weeks), keep it consistently filled with water, and you will see that the tomatoes will be safe.