What is this plant?

My kids planted a seed pack they got at school. It was a variety pack of vegetables and flowers. I've got one monster vine taking over the whole garden. It seems to have several medium-sized gourds on it and also has an interesting yellow bloom. Any help identifying this monster would be appreciated. As well, are the gourds edible? Pictures are here:
http://www.geocities.com/hogger_jeff/plant_1.jpg
http://www.geocities.com/hogger_jeff/plant_2.jpg
http://www.geocities.com/hogger_jeff/plant_3.jpg
http://www.geocities.com/hogger_jeff/plant_4.jpg
Thanks for any help.
Just a guess, mind you, but I think that what you are growing is spaghetti squash. Don't harvest it until it's bright yellow in color, without any green.
Philip

Hugh Jass wrote:

It's four blank pages, so I guess you're growing Albus albus.
Henriette (Mozilla, on linux.)
--
Henriette Kress, AHG Helsinki, Finland
Henriette's herbal homepage: http://www.ibiblio.org/herbmed
Henriette Kress wrote:

Works for me. Mozilla Firebird on Mandrake 9.0 (Linux)
Nice to meet another Penquinista :-)
Bill
--
Zone 5b (Detroit, MI)
Tautonyms aren't allowed. Maybe its Anonymous cryptophotographicus?

Finland
http://www.ibiblio.org/herbmed
The leaves and the flowers say "pumpkin" to me, especially the flowers. Yes, I know the fruit look like gourds now, but some varieties of pumpkin (those grown for eating not Jack o'Lanterns) come in pretty wierd forms.
No matter what, I would wait and see what color the fruit turns when it ceases to be green to know for sure. -=>epm<=-
In matters of truth and justice, there is no difference between large and small problems, for issues concerning the treatment of people are all the same. - Albert Einstein

I think it's a squash of some kind - it could be not-yet-ripe spaghetti squash.
Pat
Pat Meadows wrote:

I agree as I am growing them now. It is a not-yet-ripe spaghetti squash. Wait until it gets yellow and hard. Watch out for squash bugs.
Thanks to all who replied. I kind of figured it was a squash, and now that it's been suggested, it does look like spaghetti squash. Thanks again.