My tomato plant got deer'd, is it done?

A little over a week ago, a large buck ate most of a 5 ft Beefstake indeterminate plant with a fair amount of green fruit. Gone were almost all the leaves save for one small section, most of the growing ends of the branches and all but 5 small green fruit. New foilage is starting to appear.

Any recommendations on pnuning the old branches, or what I might expect or do. It was in a very large pot which I have now moved up to a deck area which get's less light and no deer.

Thanks in advance,

Marc Reinig

Reply to
Marc Reinig

The season is probably too far advanced to provide time for the plant to make any significant recovery

Reply to
Frankhartx

If it makes you feel any better, the buck will almost certainly regret eating so much of a highly-toxic tomato plant.

-Adam

Reply to
Adam Schwartz