Pruning night blooming jasmine

My night blooming jasmine is in the Houston area, in a large pot, is about 4' tall and is just now starting to show some new leaves - although rather few.

Despite being brought in to the garage when we our temps dropped into the 20's, appears the outer portions of most branches are dried out and brown - and there is no green wood.

How much should I prune the limbs back?

Interesting to note the Poet's jasmine that is right next to this one had green leaves all through the winter - perhaps because it is a vine instead of a shrub.

Thanks in advance for any recommendations.

Regards,

Doug

Reply to
Douglas R. Hortvet, Jr.

t 4' tall and is

20's, appears

s no green wood.

green leaves all

Cut back to sound wood, scratch the bark -green means alive and bone white or brown is dead.

Reply to
beecrofter