Angel trumpet and Night blooming jasmine - fertilizer recommendations

All,

Have been unsuccessful in finding suggested specific fertilizer recommendations i.e., product name and application regimen for Angel trumpet and Night blooming jasmine.

Typically comments are 'balanced fertilizer', 'regular' or 'heavy' application rates.

Admit to being enough of a novice that these generalist recommendations are not sufficient for me to select a product and use it with success.

Also understand from other posts in this group that angel trumpets do not like / do well in full sun.

Am in Houston - my angel trumpet (approx. 4' tall) is in a large pot and gets full sun from early afternoon to end of the day.

The leaves wilt up in the direct sunlight - and watering does not really seem to alleviate the condition.

Thinking I need to move it out of the direct afternoon sunlight.

Any and all comments are greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Doug

Reply to
Douglas R. Hortvet, Jr.

sufficient

to alleviate

Angle Trumpets are grown here in So. Cal in full sun, and do well. I think the problem you are seeing is that your plant does not have the root mass to supply the water the top transpires during hot times. They do use a lot of water, Moving to a larger pot would help for a while, until the plant outgrows that again.

Balanced fertilizer usually means something like 10-10-10 or 5-5-5, the numbers on the bag that relate to the amount of nitrogen, phosphorous and potassium supplied by the fertilizer. The bag will have recommended amounts to use, don't exceed those. It might be well to use at half rate until you see how the plants react.

Mine are in the ground, I don't feed them at all.

Reply to
Charles