Whar should I do about my peas?

I bought the seed in bulk from a neighborhood hardware store. The results so far have been outstanding, with 5' to 6' tall stalks bearing many flowers. The peas themselves started forming a week or so ago and we've eaten some three times so far. Then today, it rained very hard - about 2" in an hour or so - and a few hours later, I counted 5 red flowers on the peas.
It appears what has happened is there were some ornamental sweet peas mixed in with the edible peas from the store. Do they cross-pollinate? Do I dare to eat _any_ more of my peas, or save any of the seed? Should I destroy the plants with the red flowers, and feel safe in eating the rest?