transplanting broccoli

Can broccoli be buried deeper then their containers when transplanted into the garden? I start my plants in a sunny window and always end up with leggy plants. If I could plant them deeper it would help.

Nick " Ya gotta wonder......"

Reply to
Nick

Broccoli (and cabbage, cauliflower, etc.) seem to be able to sprout new roots up to the point of where the seed leaves are on the stem. I have buried them deeper with no problem as long as the seed leaves (or, if they fell off, the point on the stem where they were) stays above ground.

Steve

Nick wrote:

Reply to
Steve