Tomatoes survived the big blow

Irene wasn't much of a storm here in New England, a lot of rain and only moderate winds. My tomato plants are all still standing.

Some of my stakes are leaning, and some branches are bent over. So far just 1 Early tomato and a half dozen cherries are on the ground.
The Cantaloupes are ripe, took them inside before the storm.
Cheers
Zone 6 LI

No big damage to my garden in Boston, but a friend who lives in Truro, on the Cape, suffered a lot of damage to his tomatoes and pole beans. There wasn't enough stuff standing between him and the ocean to break up the big winds from Irene.
Priscilla

We suffered terrible damage:
I just discovered a potted gardenia knocked over and had to right it. There is no damage to the gardenia.
But, my wife's Pulmaria suffered worse as the pot got knocked over and a branch got clipped off. On the bright side, she's sending the severed limb to a friend in Ohio to clone for her Florida room ;)
But, my wife's Pulmaria suffered worse as the pot got knocked over and a branch got clipped off. On the bright side, she's sending the severed limb to a friend in Ohio to clone for her Florida room ;)
Do you mean plumeria? If so, is there any way I can get one too? I thought they wouldn't grow indoors but I must be wrong.
On 8/31/2011 3:39 PM, Pat wrote:

Philadelphia flower show a few years ago. We winter it over inside and all the leaves fall out but it prospers outside in the summer. Sometimes flowering but not this year. The plumeria is almost too big to get through our sliding door but wife will not sacrifice any more branches unless this happens. I'm sure there must be sources on-line.
I don't know how well it will grow inside my wife's friend's Florida room. Their hot tub is in there and it is warm and humid but I don't know how it will grow under window light.