Tomato fruit set

How can you tell if the tomato ovary has been pollinated when the flowe
drops off? I'm trying to find out if my flowers that have fallen of have been pollinated or they are suffering blossom drop. I can see little pod where the flowers were but I've read that doesn' necessarliy mean there will be a tomato
-- A Williams
A Williams;798407 Wrote:

That usually indicates set, but of course it may not hold. If the ste to the incipient tomato goes yellow, it will fail
-- beccabunga
On Sun, 15 Jun 2008 14:10:52 +0100, A Williams

Wait a few days. There is nothing that can be done now anyway. If you are going to garden you have to be patient.
--
Susan N.

Usually by the time the flower drops off, there is a very small green pebble sized tomato there. It might take a day or two of development to spot.
If you need to know right away, then: If the flower doesn't properly set, it will usually weaken and fall off at the calyx (sp?). That is the small joint segment that connects the flower to the rest of the plant branch.