tomato, cover fruit?

Anyone covering their tomato fruit with nylon's to prevent sunburn?

Reply to
piedmont

Can anyone suggest a better way to prevent sunburned tomatoes? I live in South Carolina and the sun can get brutal. I have just one plant potted in a large pot this year and want to make sure all the tomato make it to my table!

Reply to
piedmont

Have a sundial in your potted large pot or just place your pot more to the west to obtain early shade here. East may be better for you..

I'd really look into a reliable local tomato.

Bill never heard of sunburn tomatoes

Reply to
Bill who putters

Meant to post

Just because I never heard of it does not mean it is a problem elsewhere.

I live in a oak forest in New Jersey.

Bill

Reply to
Bill who putters