Can I tell if cavity wall insulation has been installed

The house is 1975 build is there a method to see whether it is already installed?

Reply to
richgk

if after the build, there will be signs of holes around the base, repaired with cement. look for cement dots every foot or so.

Reply to
Vass

Right that's a no then. Thanks for the advice.

On a two bedroomed end terrace how much would it cost (roughly) to have installed?

Thanks, Rich.

Reply to
richgk

No, my mother recently took advantage of the over 70's offer of free cavity wall insulation - my late father desinged and managed the build of our house in 1971 - when the installation team arrived they drilled into the cavilty to find that the cavity was already filled with polysterene sheets.

Jon

Reply to
Jonathan Pearson

A simple test is to look at the wall temperature on a coldish day.

If there is never any signs of condensation, its probably insulated.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

When I had mine done in the early 80s the holes were drilled through the bricks and made good with cement coloured to match the bricks. They did a good job and if you didn't know it was there you wouldn't notice it.

mark

Reply to
mark

You could bray out a brick and have a look ;-) Not a major job really.

REgards Richard

Reply to
geraldthehamster