the end of the garden and a Q? about sprouts

It's supposed to freeze here tonight (zone5). I've gone and picked the last of the tomatoes and bell peppers, and cut the tender herbs for drying. The only thing left is the brussels sprouts. I've read I'm supposed to harvest them after it freezes. That would be tomorrow morning right?

Dawn

Reply to
Dawn

no. many days after first frost, so they have time to develop the sugars that make them more palatable. same goes for a variety of winter veggies, including carrots, parsnips, florence fennel, cardoon, radicchio, kale, collard and cabbage. They are just much better that way. I don't touch any of these until Nov. 1. Around here, too, first frost is around Oct. 10, give or take a week.

Reply to
simy1