End of garden

The garden is about over. I just harvested a small forest of dill leaves. I left some to see what happens. I am going to freeze what I have brought in. My big question is how to get the dill and cucumbers to mature at the same time. This stuff I planted in July or August. Tossed some seeds out and left it. The plants are 2+ feet tall and still going. And has not gone to seed at all.

I have planted my garlic and covered it with several inches of leaves. It is still putting up shoots about 3 inches tall. And we really need to get the onions planted.

This was our first year gardening here in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains. We got a late start put Pete planted his corn and we got a pretty fair harvest. The collards are going great.

Now to start planning what and where to plant nest year. I have staked out a place for my tomatoes -- Where the corn was this year. It has been covered with grass clipping and leaves. I plan to leave it that way until spring and I may just dig holes and plant the tomatoes.

Reply to
The Cook