Snow peas fencing. Question .

Due to the weather I put snow peas in seedling trays under lights for about

2 weeks tops. I guess about 50 plants. I didn't look at them for a couple three days. They are over a foot tall and tipped over. Can I put two poles in the ground and hang 3 foot chicken wire fencing and put them on it. Will that be ok. Or taller

Are they part shade?? I can put them behind the corn or in front of it. to get all the light.

Thanks.

Diesel

Reply to
DogDiesel

2" apart, chicken wire is fine, full sun. They'll probably turn brown and dry up by the end of June because they don't like heat.
Reply to
Billy

Yep. However if they are like the snowpeas I've grown in the past, you might have to add more wire later.

I'd go with the max light.

Reply to
FarmI

I planted 3 varieties of snow peas. 2 climbers that said they'd go

3-6' - and one bush variety that said 18" =- no fencing needed.

I've never had any luck starting them anywhere but where they were going to grow. I've scraped 6" of snow off a muddy garden to plant a row on Good Friday-- and they've looked as good as this years crop which were planted on an 80degree Good Friday, got rained on for a fortnight, and baked for 10 days before nature went back to May weather on June 1st.

I forget where you are-- if it is likely to be over 70 in the next couple weeks, I'd go behind the corn. If cooler, then get the sun and hope for the best.

My earlier ones are in blossom in zone 5-- The whole lot will be compost in a month.

Jim

Reply to
Jim Elbrecht

Newsgroups are a great way to discuss topics. In this case, the topic is general gardening.

Reply to
NativeTJ

Zone 5 Ohio

Reply to