Will my snow peas produce?

Well here in Missouri Zone 5b/6, we have already had a couple medium frosts. Tonight it is going down to 27 but then the ten day forecast predicts no freezing temps for the next ten days. My snow peas are about 1.5-2 feet high on the trellis and just loaded with flowers. And i do mean loaded. Thie is the first time we've done fall peas in recent years. Do you think we will get any snow peas?

And the broccoli is just beautiful but no heads yet. I have no idea what to expect lol. Are there any fall gardeners in this zone who can shed some light for me?

Reply to
Phaedrine Stonebridge

medium

forecast

are

flowers. And

in recent

idea

who can

We had a few nights of below freezing temps in Seattle, and my peas are looking wilted and dying now. I did get one batch of small peas from them. Next year I'll plant them earlier.

Bob

Reply to
Bob

Here in zone 7b/8, I threw some 'finished' sugar-snap vines on the compost pile -- don't remember exactly when -- and some new plants started up before frost. I guess they got to be about a foot high. I didn't pay attention to them during the winter, but they picked right up in spring and produced quite a few peas. They probably won't survived in 5b/6, but if you can spare the time and space, you might try protecting the vines with some piled on straw/leaves and hoping for the best.

Reply to
Frogleg

An interesting idea, thanks :)

Reply to