Small white fuzzy gnats

Don't know if this is the right place to ask, but this time of year in New England we get what look like minute balls of white to whitish-blue fuzz flying about. If you catch one, they look like little black flies with bits of fuzz around the abdomen. Any ideas what they're called? The air can get quite busy with them.
--
Wilson 44.69, -67.3

sometime in the recent past Wilson posted this:

I think I've found it. Woolly Alder Aphid picture at http://tr.im/AtYz and description at http://tr.im/AtWZ
--
Wilson 44.69, -67.3

Those are really neat! I wonder if they are in the state of Michigan too? I've yet to see them.
brandis said:

the right place

blue
The
Coming in late (I've been on vacation)...
Yes, there are species of wooly aphids that occur in Michigan.
I've never seen large outbreaks of them, but I have seen them.
--
Pat in Plymouth MI

"So, it was all a dream."

I think those are called white flies.
--
Peace! Om

"Human nature seems to be to control other people until they put their foot
sometime in the recent past Omelet posted this:

Yes, that's it, the Latin for which is Paraprociphilus tessellatus
--
Wilson 44.69, -67.3