Potassium in the vicinity of potatoes.

Having some trouble with the concept of a rhetorical question?

Reply to
Kevin S. Wilson

Yeah! What he said! (Though one has to wonder why he is wasting time on the Usernet [TM] instead of doing something useful like giving mouth-to-mouth resucitation to puppies.)

Reply to
Kevin S. Wilson

I've seen some loony theories before on the Usernet [TM], but this one just about takes the cake. An asteroid dominating the earth for 65 million years? I don't think so.

Reply to
Kevin S. Wilson

Yeah? Has that working out for you?

Reply to
Kevin S. Wilson

Sorry. I meant to say "How's that working out for you."

As for the posting to unrelated chat rooms, my computer does it automatically.

Reply to
Kevin S. Wilson

Me? No, I ... oh, no, wait, are you ... uh.

As you were.

-jwgh

Reply to
Jacob W. Haller

Chris McGonnell wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

You be wrong, per Channel 8 (Cleveland)(or was that the Clveland Plain Dealer ?)(it were someone local, at least, and news-ish). Huron is sending us wet gooey masses of snow. And Lake Effect is just a term for "We aren't sure how much will fall before it stops or where it will fall so we will make up this here cute name for GO SOUTH OR FREEZE YOU IDIOTS"

Reply to
TeaLady (Mari C.)

snipped-for-privacy@gatekeeper.vic.com (David DeLaney) wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@gatekeeper.vic.com:

Feh. Not any more they don't. Why, just this morning, in fairly not-blizzarding conditions, with clear and clean roads, the bozos-on-ice were going all of 35-40 mph. With rare bursts to 45 mph. And coming home ? In a blizzard ? with low visibility and slush and blowing snow and ice all over ? and invisible lane lines ? They were doing 75 ! So maybe yeah, we can drive on -ice-, just not plain old pavement.

Reply to
TeaLady (Mari C.)

"Otto Bahn" wrote in news:eqsmh7$m55$1 @gargoyle.oit.duke.edu:

I was told we don't do pRon on this here chatroom.

Reply to
TeaLady (Mari C.)

Vandy Terre wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Spammers ? Where !?!?!?!!!!1111?one

Oh, you mean people who xpost ! I thought someone was trying sell V1agRa or something, and was all ready with a witty reply as to why a good portion of the readers would not be interested, and those that might be certainly wouldn't want the rest of the world (or at least that part reached by usenet) to know about it.

Of course, you are also implying that no one on either group posted to is interested in either gardening or alternate religions, and that would be just wrong, as I, for one, might hold an interest in both. And maybe at the same time.

Reply to
TeaLady (Mari C.)

Patience will be rewarded. 2006 was the hottest year on record in the US, and the fifth hottest year in the world on record (following only 1998, 2002, 2003 and 2005). The past 9 years have all been among the

25 warmest years on record for the continental US. Every single year since 1993 has been in the top 20 warmest years on record, globally. Researchers predict that temperatures worldwide will increase between 2 and 8 degrees by the end of the century.

So, my advice is to stay put and wait it out.

Reply to
Marc Goodman

HAW HAW, you get two lake effects, you looZ3rs! The loony ice fishermen were herded off Erie yesterday; perhaps we could send 'em out on Huron?! And lake effect snowstorms usually strike below Buffalo and 30 miles north of me, so I'm just getting a good old-fashioned snowfall.

Would you like me to send the St. Bernards west?

-- Chris McG. Harming humanity since 1951. "My dog ate my gratitude journal." -- Paula

Reply to
Chris McGonnell

Down in the South Texas town of El Paso?

-- Chris McG. Harming humanity since 1951. "My dog ate my gratitude journal." -- Paula

Reply to
Chris McGonnell

"TeaLady (Mari C.)" wrote

Well, duh. The usenet has binary groups for a reason.

--oTTo--

Reply to
Otto Bahn

La'ff now babe...

Ever seen "The Day After Tomorrow"?

I'm glad I live in South Texas.

;-)

Reply to
Omelet
[snurps]

"TeaLady (Mari C.)" wrote

No clu>Well, duh. The usenet has binary groups for a reason.

So you're sayin' there's only two newsgroups? I think you are badly mistaken - I count at least THREE!

Q. E. Friggin' D.!

Mark Edwards

Reply to
Mark Edwards

"Mark Edwards" wrote

I hope you meant hierarchies and not groups.

--oTTo--

Reply to
Otto Bahn

Not quite... :-) But being female, I won't be "Fallin' in love with a mexican gal"...

Reply to
Omelet

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Now I'll have that tune running through my head for the rest of the day.

Gary Woods

Um . . . d00d? Those aren't the lyrics to the theme song from "Seinfeld," mostly on account of there aren't any lyrics to the theme song from "Seinfeld."

Reply to
Kevin S. Wilson