Potassium in the vicinity of potatoes.

Chris McGonnell wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Too late. The roads are cleared, my drive is shoveled, the dog has pooped several times in the nice maze I dug her and the good booze got all bought up by the dudes what have snowplows on their huge honking trucks (plows that, apparantly, don't plow snow unless it is in the way of booze runs). So no thanks, unless the Bernards have some good booze in their barrels and the sense not to drink it all up before they get here.

Reply to
TeaLady (Mari C.)

Omelet

My St. Bernards usually have those little kegs of brandy on their collars -- would you prefer Grand Marnier?

-- Chris McG. Harming humanity since 1951. "My dog ate my gratitude journal." -- Paula

Reply to
Chris McGonnell

Yeah, and clement summer weather, too. Baseball starts in 43 days.

-- Chris McG. Harming humanity since 1951. "My dog ate my gratitude journal." -- Paula

Reply to
Chris McGonnell

Not in Oswego County it isn't. There "lake effect" means "go look at the radar and you'll see it, Mother Nature giving us the finger plain as day".

Reply to
Doctroid

Well, duh, why do you think we got all this lake effect snow? Hot weather -> lake warms up -> lake stays warmer than usual -> cold air blows across it -> WACKINESS ENSUES.

It's the price we pay for being able to be out in shorts and a t shirt in early January.

Reply to
Doctroid

"Doctroid" wrote

Finger lakes!

--oTTo--

Reply to
Otto Bahn

Chris McGonnell wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

A nice cognac would do. Hell, fill 'er up with Hypnotique, may as well have blue booze for blue(sy) weather, eh?

Stopped and got some of the flavored fake "wine" that is really just an expensive wine wooler dressed up in a big bottle. Not bad for cheap stuff, tastes like fizzy fruit juice, hits the brane like wine after the 2nd glass. I'm getting my hair cut n colored tomorrow, so I don't want to be hung-over in the midst of all those chemicals. Might not hold still well enough, get a crooked cut or lop-sided dark-lights.

Reply to
TeaLady (Mari C.)

Just finished watching Northern Exposure: Season 2: Disc 3 fist episode. We haven't even got to cabin fever yet and your making me miss winter.

- Bill

Coloribus gustibus non disputatum.

Reply to
William Rose

Is it Dross Season already?

And me without my camouflage waders!

Also: My newsreader says alt.english.usage doesn't exist. So there!

Reply to
Tonto_Goldstein

I'm not sure whether this is making me glad or sorry I never watched Northern Exposure. Who knew they could get away with that stuff on network TV?

BW

Reply to
barbara

The message from Tonto_Goldstein contains these words:

Your newsreader is wrong. You'll find a.e.u archived at groups/google

Janet

Reply to
Janet Baraclough

^^^^ That was a nasty one, for sure.

Reply to
Kevin S. Wilson

Actually, it wasn't potassium. It was plutonium. And it wasn't PU239. It was Archimedes Plutonium. What really happened (upon careful reanalysis) was that Archie was eating all the bugs. No wonder the plants were flourishing. Plus the occasional 'accident' added excellent (if somewhat unsanitary) fertilizer to the area. But we're all wondering now, how the heck can we get him out of Idaho and back to Darmouth. The dishes are piling up back there, anyway.

Reply to
user923005

The gives new meaning to Archie Poo.

Bill

-- Fermez le Bush--about two years to go.

Reply to
Salmon Egg

Maybe the copy I looked at was a bad translation. Thanks for clarifying that.

Reply to
Adam Funk

And it wasn't a rock. It was a rock lobster.

Reply to
Bill Marcum

But where were the Paper Tiger and Scissors Lizard when this happened?

Reply to
Adam Funk

Archie Pu had already gotten Paper Tiger to chase him around the little shrublets until Paper Tiger churned himself into butter! which Archie Pu spread on Scissors Lizard before eating him all up!

Moral of the Story:

DO NOT FEED THE TROLLS

The Ennud

Dr. Hot"Don't sprinkle me on no damn lizard"Salt

Reply to
Dr. HotSalt