Potassium in the vicinity of potatoes.

E Pfeiffer, _Soil fertility, renewal & preservation: bio-dynamic farming and gardening_:

Brehmer reports that potassium in the vicinity of potatoes --- separated by an air space from the containers in which the plants are growing --- was able to increase the growth and the potassium content of the potatoes. Stoklasa shows that potassium (in sealed test-tubes hung over growing plants) alters the rate of growth of the plants. We should like to add that we have been able to make this experiment, the validity of which we are able to confirm by having obtained corresponding results. Ried shows that the presence of potassium and other salts in the vicinity of animals can have a far-reaching influence on their growth and above all on their reproduction. And there are numberless experiments which demonstrate the influence of irradiated and non-irradiated metals, in their effects at a distance upon the development of bacteria cultures.

Has anyone tried this recently?

Reply to
Adam Funk

Hi All,

The reason that people top post is because all the excess dross is not sniped. This means you have to wade through the whole post to get to the point. Hope this helps you.

Richard M. Watkin.

Reply to
R M. Watkin

Please to be explaining why you are unable to edit the posts to which you are replying.

Matthew

Reply to
Matthew L. Martin

This is simply not true. Some of us always snipe at the excess dross. Others, like me, snipe at dross even when it is not in excess. Many people snipe simply to be sniping. I don't know how many snipers actually own the requisite sniper rifles, so I won't hazard a guess, but there are probably enough to trim down the number of top posters and dross posters.

What if the whole post only comes up to your ankles? Is this still wading? Or does the post have to come up to your waist to be considered as wading? What if the post is so noxious as to dissolve reinforced concrete - does top posting matter if you refuse to wade in at all?

As for help, I would hope someone would throw me a line and pull me out if I waded in too deeply and found myself unable to make my way back to the firm solidity of Terra Usenetta. If that person used the line to drag me under, however, it might be funny, but would not be very helpful...

Mark Edwards

Reply to
Mark Edwards

This is unadulterated crap! If you can truly PROVE that potassium nitrate in a hermetically sealed glass tube leaning against a potato plant stem increases the potassium content of the potatoes, while an empty tube of the same nature does not, you would be a shoo-in for a Nobel prize in chemistry! Moreover, explaining how that works would put you alongside Lavoisier as one of the most famous chemists of all time.

Bill

-- Fermez le Bush--about two years to go.

Reply to
Salmon Egg

The reason that people top post is because they are too damn lazy to snip the irrevelant portions of the message to which they are responding.

This does not happen when posters follow net etiquette.

Not really! What would really help is a psychiatric study identifying the various other social disfunctionalities associated with people who top-post to newsgroups.

Dick

Reply to
Dick Adams

Compared to the nuclear weapon development in Iran, top posting is pretty minor.

Bill

-- Fermez le Bush--about two years to go.

Reply to
Salmon Egg

Penelope, just don't go on a snipe hunt with Mark.

-- Chris McG. Harming humanity since 1951. "My dog ate my gratitude journal." -- Paula

Reply to
Chris McGonnell

Up until last week, but the meteorologists say Lake Erie is *finally* iced over, so no more lake effect storms here! Lake Ontario is the culprit over Oswego County.

-- Chris McG. Harming humanity since 1951. "My dog ate my gratitude journal." -- Paula

Reply to
Chris McGonnell

What armaments have you been using to shoot at this dross?

Reply to
Adam Funk

*swoon*

*thud*

Penelope

Reply to
Penelope Periwinkle

Compared to the asteroid that wiped out the dinosaurs after 65 million years of dominating the earth, nuclear weapon development in Iran is pretty minor.

Penelope

Reply to
Penelope Periwinkle

I must admit it does seem close to impossible, but then I am not chemist.

Richard M. Watkin.

Reply to
R M. Watkin

"Penelope Periwinkle" wrote

Anybody other than the good Doctroid posting from the snow belt?

Also, is there a newsgroup rec.vegetarians.edible?

--oTTo--

Reply to
Otto Bahn

Uh, tough winter, huh? I mean, I enjoy a good donnybrook as well as the next person but maybe we could just snip the "diss" out of disfunctional, pull up our socks, and get on with the gardening.

If not, I go and get a Guinness and wait for you to come back to your senses.

- Bill

Coloribus gustibus non disputatum

Reply to
Bill Rose

"Chris McGonnell" wrote

IFYPFY.

Either that or Tamara started drinking again.

(Yeah, right. Erie is south of Ontario.)

--oTTo--

Reply to
Otto Bahn

I wuv that show. Especially in Cleveland where it's on the lake AND the roads. (Note: Cleveland drivers know how to drive on snow/ice just fine, but do it assuming -you- do too, in cars held together with duct tape and iPod wires, at 20mph over the speed limit. This causes wackiness qualitatively different from the Southern "O NOES IT'S ICE!" "O RLY?? TO THE GROCERY STORE, MUST STOCK UP ON TOILET PAPER AND MILK!" wackiness.)

Dave

Reply to
David DeLaney

Why, are you feeling peckish?

Penelope

Reply to
Penelope Periwinkle

"Penelope Periwinkle" wrote

I'm hungry for some crotchety.

--oTTo--

Reply to
Otto Bahn

I agree.

I was surprised to read this in a respectable-looking book printed (English translation 1947) long before every kook could publish on the interweb or the usernet.

Reply to
Adam Funk