Pickling

Anyone have advice on what kind of cucumbers to buy for pickling. I'm leaning toward buying from johnny's seed. The ones they say are the best for pickling are northern pickling, alibi and little leaf. Anyone know a better one. I'm in zone 5 with lots of clay. And i don't get lots of sun.
Thanks for any info Romy

The best pickling cucumber we've grown in the past few years has been one called "Calypso". Prolific producer of nicely shaped fruit. We get the seeds from Vesey's Seeds in PEI. http://www.veseys.com/store.cfm?product 01
Ross, Southern Ontario, Canada. New AgCanada Zone 5b 4317.446' North 8013.472' West To email, remove the obvious from my address.
I found the Early Cluster or Russian from RH Shuway to be an excelent cuke for pickles and just eating.They are a tiny bit sweeter than my other favorite Wisconsin Pickling is sold by Harts Seed. Shumway web site https://www.rhshumway.com/shumsite/shumsiteviewproduct.aspx?ProductID 428 Try both out I'm positive you will be pleased.Both will keep producing up to frost time if you keep them picked. For late cukes plant some the few days following 4th of July.

I was pleased with the productivity and traditional pickley shape of "homemade pickles." The overgrown ones made good salad, too. Don't know if johnny's carries them but many catalogs do.
Kathy

Seeds. The URL is www.superseeds.com
In the past I have used "Double Duty" from Burpee.
--
Susan N.

"Moral indignation is in most cases two percent moral, 48 percent indignation,