Phew... finally got my garlic in.

I was getting nervous that we were gonna get frozen before I got a chance to get it in. I've been so busy that I just hadn't had time to plant. FINALLY this past weekend I had the time to prep the garden and get the German Red and White in.

Reply to
Steve Calvin

If it looks like the ground will freeze more than an inch deep in the next

4+ weeks, put some mulch over the garlic, so it can get roots down to anchor it before everything stops. Otherwise, a moderate mulch _after_ the ground freezes helps to damp the freeze/thaw cycle that can damage roots.

I just finished planting mine last week in zone 5/4.... Some ground-up leaves waiting in the wings just in case...

Gary Woods AKA K2AHC- PGP key on request, or at

Gary Woods

Yup, covered it with mulch 'cause of my late planting.

Reply to
Steve Calvin

Yea, I've put in a dozen bulbs, still have a half dozen GEH's to go (German Extra Hardy's). The first round were generic stiffneck rocamboles :) Good stuff, but always something that tends to be procrastinated in the fall heheh

Dan

Reply to
dstvns