Phew... finally got my garlic in.

I was getting nervous that we were gonna get frozen before I got a chance to get it in. I've been so busy that I just hadn't had time to plant. FINALLY this past weekend I had the time to prep the garden and get the German Red and White in.
--
Steve
Zone 5

If it looks like the ground will freeze more than an inch deep in the next 4+ weeks, put some mulch over the garlic, so it can get roots down to anchor it before everything stops. Otherwise, a moderate mulch _after_ the ground freezes helps to damp the freeze/thaw cycle that can damage roots.
I just finished planting mine last week in zone 5/4.... Some ground-up leaves waiting in the wings just in case...
Gary Woods AKA K2AHC- PGP key on request, or at www.albany.net/~gwoods Zone 5/6 in upstate New York, 1200' elevation. NY WO G
Gary Woods wrote:

Yup, covered it with mulch 'cause of my late planting.
--
Steve

If you look like your passport picture, you probably need the trip.

Yea, I've put in a dozen bulbs, still have a half dozen GEH's to go (German Extra Hardy's). The first round were generic stiffneck rocamboles :) Good stuff, but always something that tends to be procrastinated in the fall heheh
Dan