off-tree ripening

I'm trimming some tall branches from a valencia orange tree and am bringing down some not-quite-ripe-yet fruit. Left on the tree, they'd have been ripe in a couple of months. Will these oranges ripen if I just let them sit in a box? They're still a little on the tart side, but don't taste all that much different than some store-bought oranges.
Just wondering. There's a gazillion oranges still on this tree at any rate.
Thanks.
Lynn Willis
NO