Orange tree problem

Hi.

I've got this orange tree wich seems to be having a weird problem. It grew a new branch, then killed it off. Then it killed off some more leaves and started another growth somewhere else. And the leaves are drooping. Have been giving it good water, sunlight, and fertilizer. It was going good until it was dwarfed by chopping off the terminal bud and then cutting off the top part. Then it was repotted. Was the attempt at dwarfing the culprit? Or something else? Please give me help. it seems like that after that, it "couldn't figure out how to grow" or something.

Reply to
mike3

Is this an actual dwarf, or are you forcing it to be a dwarf? Dwarf citrus are obtained by grafting normal citrus scions onto a partially incompatible rootstock.

If you are forcing it to be a dwarf by chopping the top and then repotting, you might have forced new growth the exceeds the ability of confined non-dwarfing roots to supply moisture and soil nutrients.

You could also be over-feeding it and burning the roots.

If the potting mix does not drain well, you might be over-watering it. Contrary to common belief, citrus needs a constant supply of soil moisture. However, the soil should never be really wet, just moist. My do-it-yourself mix at has the right drainage such that overwatering potted citrus is not really possible as long as the container has unobstructed drain holes and does not sit in the drained water. (With citrus, zinc is not optional in this mix.)

Reply to
David Ross