Need help building a bean tent from tree branches

Can any one recommend a site or post instructions on how to construct a bean tent from tree branches? I have several branches 1-2" in diameter at the base and I would rather use them in my garden as bean poles than chop and compost them. How many do I need? How do I attach the branches at the top and how do I keep the tent from falling over? I need help with stuff like that. . . . . Thanks in advance, T

Reply to
Tungblade

The quickest way is to place 3 or 4 together and about 8 - 12 inches from the top, you wrap some string in a tight band around them 8-10 times. Then you stand them up and spread the base to make a teepee. Next, take some string, tie one end around one of the poles a foot off the ground, and wind the string in a spiral about a foot apart. Plant your beans around the perimeter.

Reply to
Dan Mazerolle

Searcg on "bean teepee" for many write-ups and some illustrations.

Here's a picture:

Frogleg

Thank you, Frogleg, for the picture, and you, Dan, for the dimensions. I'm going to try one of the 'blue' pole varieties as recommended here ( I think) because they are esay to spot on the vine ;-) My favorite is Romano but I miss too many because they _are green!

Reply to
Tungblade