Need help building a bean tent from tree branches

Can any one recommend a site or post instructions on how to construct a bean tent from tree branches? I have several branches 1-2" in diameter at the base and I would rather use them in my garden as bean poles than chop and compost them. How many do I need? How do I attach the branches at the top and how do I keep the tent from falling over? I need help with stuff like that. . . . . Thanks in advance, T

The quickest way is to place 3 or 4 together and about 8 - 12 inches from the top, you wrap some string in a tight band around them 8-10 times. Then you stand them up and spread the base to make a teepee. Next, take some string, tie one end around one of the poles a foot off the ground, and wind the string in a spiral about a foot apart. Plant your beans around the perimeter.
Thank you, Frogleg, for the picture, and you, Dan, for the dimensions. I'm going to try one of the 'blue' pole varieties as recommended here ( I think) because they are esay to spot on the vine ;-) My favorite is Romano but I miss too many because they _are green!
On 17 Apr 2004 14:55:02 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.comspamless (Tungblade) wrote:

Searcg on "bean teepee" for many write-ups and some illustrations.
Here's a picture:
http://www.greenberg-art.com/.Illustrations/.Serious/Bean_teepee.html