need help to choose a tree

Hi, I am living in Albert, Canada. I paln to plant some trees in my back yard close to my fenc. My home is about 10-16 ft far from the fence. I like to have a tree that can block my neighbourhood view in my back yard very well. In another words, I like to have a tree that spreads widely. However, I don't want the tree's roots give me trouble by intruding into my basement walls. Can you please help me in choosing a right tree that can survive canadian cold weather?

thanks

Reply to
FA