Plum tree: need help identifying illness

Hello,

I've moved into a new home that has a plum tree. The tree is bearing a lot of fruit (not very tasty though) but it seems to have a rather nasty fungus(?) growing on it.

Pictures available here:

someone please help me to identify the illness? Any tips on treatment would be welcome.

Thanks,

Graham

Reply to
Graham Fawcett

If it is spreaded on a various parts of tree, it is what we call "cancer", we usually cut it and burn it, plant can live but for how long I can't say, I saw one old pear tree (50 years old, but about 10 years live with it and now is at the end), maybe I'm wrong, but try some other opinion.

Reply to
Powerless Agronomist

Thanks, P.A. It's quite widespread; I'll do a bit more research, but it sounds like we'll have to take this tree down.

Graham

Reply to
Graham Fawcett