Molikhia??

I was recently provided some seeds for a middle eastern green. The individual that provided me the seeds, called it Molikhia and also referred to the plant as the "food of the pharons." He did not know how to refer to the plant in English. I was hoping that someone else may be able to tell me more about this plant or what it is also known as. A search on the web turned up empty. Thanks.
Greg said:

What do the seed look like? Do they resemble cabbage seeds? (Small, round, with a dark seed coat.) Beet seeds? (Lumpy and bumpy, rather like bits of cork.) Caraway seeds? If you could figure out what plant family the seeds are from, it might help your search.
--
Pat in Plymouth MI

    This is the arabic name & there is no standard way to render it in the roman alphabet. Sometimes is it called Melokhia
    The scientific name is Corchorus olitorius. There are a couple of English and French names here:
http://www.hear.org/pier/cooli.htm
    & if you don't have an Egyptian or Palestinian friend to give you seeds you can get it from Nichols:
http://www.nicholsgardennursery.com/store/product.asp?dept%5FidI&pf%5FidR3&mscssid=HXH83B8AV0UU8N5MS2K5RM7539500439
    Hope this helps,
--
Bob Mounger

http://www.nicholsgardennursery.com/store/product.asp?dept%5FidI&pf%5FidR3&mscssid=HXH83B8AV0UU8N5MS2K5RM7539500439
Thanks for the information Bob. That helped me alot. I was able find information with your spelling. I also found some recipes, so now I have some ideas on how to use these plants when they are ready to harvest.
--
Greg
Zone 7