Moderated forums

Hope J. Clarke sees this- I think he was the one who left me a helpful message (in the Across the Usenet thread) about where to find Moderated Forums. Unfortunately I hit a wrong button and erased it. So if you see this, amigo, could you repost?
Thanks!
Persephone
On Sun, 15 Jun 2008 21:17:49 -0700, Persephone wrote:

You are using Agent. Open Online|Sample Headers From Selected Groups and do it. It will reload as many recent msgs as you specify in the dialog.
Charlie

This what you need?
<http://www.individual.net/ costs ten bucks or so a year, but no binaries. http://www.newsguy.com has binaries and a variety of programs depending on how much you intend to download every month--it's 40 bucks a year for 10 gig a month. There's a list of free-access news servers at http://www.newsservers.net/FreeNewsServers.php .
There are two kinds of "moderated forums".
There are moderated newsgroups, accessible via any NNTP server that carries them--newsguy would have most of them as would news.individual.net--there are not many of those and they tend not to be very active though.
There are also moderated Web based forums--<http://forums.gardenweb.com/forums/ is one example (they claim to be the largest and are likely the most active) specific to gardening, but if you google "gardening forum" (without the quotation marks) you'll find a very large number of others.
--John
On Mon, 16 Jun 2008 09:10:09 -0400, "J. Clarke"

Great!k Much obliged.
Persephone