Mangos are SO good

Lately I've become addicted to mangos. They are so revitalizing. They make me feel good, but unlike a lot of vegetables they taste great! Tonight I made my first smoothie! I made it with a mango, plain yogurt, ice, milk, and sugar. It made my whole brain spark up! It's instantly addicting! It was so refreshing on a hot summer night. I'm gonna be making a LOT of smoothies this summer!

Reply to
wizzzer

I agree. I think they are the best tasting fruit I've ever had.

That some people aren't so crazy about mangos makes me believe we all taste and smell things somewhat differently.

Reply to
Will Kemppainen

Top posting for consistancy-

Mangos are tricky. They are of the same family? as pois>I agree. I think they are the best tasting fruit I've ever had.

Reply to
Harry Chickpea

The tropical north of Australia has the ideal climate for growing mangoes. There is a variety that is never marketted, but you can find growing semi- wildly in twos or threes in open paddocks or some backyards in North Queensland, and this variety is known as turpentine mango. It has the un- mistakeable odour of turpentine--that's ordinary paint thinner here in Oz. When there are no other mangoes in season these turpentine mangoes are an okay substitute for the mango-deprived. They are smallish and a bit stringy, but it's like eating an ordinary mango in a room that has been freshly painted. You grow to like them when there are none better.

Any local readers able to say whether the turpentine mango is a native of Australia, otherwise where would it have come from? Perhaps early growers found that it was useful for pollination or something?

Crosspost added.

-- John Savage (my news address is not valid for email)

Reply to
John Savage