Kitten eating fungi

With all the rain we've been having, some meaty looking fungi came up under some trees. We usually only have toad stools.
A kitten was licking and chewing on some with gusto. When I knocked it away several times it kept going back for more. It hasn't gotten sick or died yet.
I'm enclosing a link, hopefully someone can identify what kind of fungi it is.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/1vjguky1skmae41/AADzF-lYcWC1JxCsU3Me0o-za?dl=0
Desert Dweller wrote:

I don't know. There are some weird fungi about.
How about this one from my paddock.
http://i1086.photobucket.com/albums/j444/HareScott/Farm%20animals%20and%20birds/StrangeFungus.jpg
Is it a stinkhorn fungus (Phallaceae)? I have not seen my dogs eating it.
--
David

Snort! How did you take that? Upside down with your feet on the ground or doing trick riding and haning from a stirrup? :-))

Before the link opened, I was thinking that the dogs woudld be more likely to roll in a stinky fungi, but rolling on that would be rather difficult ;-))

The kitten seems no worse for eating the fungi.
I'll just keep eating store bought mushrooms.
There are some ravines about 100 miles from here where there are always a lot of different fungi growing when it rains. I'm not brave enough to try any, even if an expert were here assuring me they were safe. I had some good mushrooms at the Chinese restaurant today.

--
Android Usenet Reader
http://android.newsgroupstats.hk
Fran Farmer wrote: