Kaki/persimmon tree - growing in the British Isles?

Hello all, I'm new to this forum, and being in a bit of a rush,
haven't had time to read up on the group's etiquette. I hope I am no committing any hanging offense by posting this query here ;-) I am wondering if anyone here has any direct experience of growing kak trees/persimmon/diospyros kaki trees in the British Isles? I am anxious to give it a try in the East Midlands of Ireland. Ca anyone tell me about their experiences? TIA!
Catherine
-- Catherinel
I used to live in Arkansas and persimmons grew all over the place. It very seldom got below +20 degrees F/-7 degrees C. I don't know anything about the others.
Dwayne

My guess is it won't work. The japanese (kaki) persimmon likes hot weather in the summer. There are many other no-spray fruits that will grow around there.