Is a Big Hunk of Steak Worth Almost 2,000 Gallons of Water?

Page 13 of 13
In article

You may want to consider bio diesel if you can get enough local fast-food places to let you pick up the used fryer oil. :-)
--
Peace! Om

Just once I'd like to see someone complain about all the water it takes to make one pound of tofu. Or explain how trail mix causes cancer. Or how eating plants is the cruel destruction of another life form.
Anything done by normal Americans is always wrong, it seems, but alternative diets or life styles never come under the microscope. I guess some people will never get out of the 60's.
Paul

Nice rant. :-)
--
Peace! Om

I'm glad to see that you are finally coming to your senses. Normalcy is highly over rated.

Not as long as we have a president that keeps requiring a new Rockefeller Commission or a Church Committee to keep him in his cage:o(

--

Billy
Bush and Pelosi Behind Bars

Aye aye! At least carnivores kill their food before they eat it.
David

Most of the time....sashimi is best when freshly killed and still warm, and if it twitches a bit while I'm eating it, I'm OK with that :-)

Tell it to a python (type non-Monty).

Aye, aye, aye! Oh my lumbago.
Always did love that song ;o)
--

Billy
Bush and Pelosi Behind Bars

Most constrictors suffocate prey before swallowing it. The only ones I've seen swallow prey alive have been the fish and frog eaters. Racers and their ilk.

--
Peace! Om

Feeling paranoid about a threat to a lifestyle that results in obesity statistics that are sky high is no recommendation for a 'do nothing' approach. Better to be stuck in the '60s when at least people were curious and interested than to be stuck in concrete.
On Sun, 27 Jul 2008 14:10:32 -0500, Charlie wrote:

And during that same time period, that water also helped produce nearly 14 tons of that lovely organic matter that seems so hard to find for the poster in another thread, and leather, and in some cases, milk, etc. etc.. The manure alone has a tremendous impact on the reduction of those chemical based fertilizers so many on here rightfully discourage use of.
One pointed question begets another: 2000 gallons of water worth eliminating 14 tons of chemical fertilizer? Now how about if the majority of that water is also given back?
We all have to eat and watering a cow provides that and quite a few more beneficial by products, and the water is mostly returned, much of it within that organic material.
Watering a lawn produces... more lawn.
Seems to me that the target of the article overshot the mark a bit. Instead of pointing directly at the food supply as a major water abuser, perhaps simply suggesting a few less flushes, showers, or lawn sessions would be more appropriate unless the objective was actually reducing meat consumption.
so. over 200 messages exchanged, and 2 weeks of ongoign debate. what is the answer? yes or no?

http://www.fallacyfiles.org/loadques.html
hth.
In article

"There is no spoon".
--
Peace! Om

Yes. Most definitely yes. 2,000 gallons of water is nothing. Gimme steak :)

In article

Neither - Just simple bantering.
Enjoy Life ... Dan
--