I think gardens are not edible . . . . . . .

There are far too many rocks and too much dirt inside.
Thanks for the warning, there was a yard sale down the street, almost bought some. :)
Why do we park on driveways and drive on parkways?
Pen wrote:

On 12/17/04 5:14 PM, in article PvLwd.92$ snipped-for-privacy@newssvr21.news.prodigy.com,

It's the american way. You have a restroom where you can't have a rest, a bathroom where you can't have a bath, and a drugstore where you can't buy drugs.
:-))
Steve

Where did you collect that information?
I have been told that some lady's restrooms have a couch and maybe a couple seats -- plenty restful, MILO.
When I need a bath, I definitely do it in the bathroom because that's where the bath tub is located.
Also, we buy most of our (prescription and non-prescription) drugs at a drug store.
Ray Drouillard

Bah, Humbug!!

Hey, if you're going to imitate James Gallagher, you ought to at least get it right.
By the way, *I* drive in my driveway. After that short (1/10 mile) drive, I park the Jeep next to the garage. I guess it's city folks who have driveways so short that they can't be said to actually drive in them.
Ray Drouillard
il Sat, 18 Dec 2004 20:44:38 -0000, "shazzbat" ha scritto:

Yeah, why do you call them drugstores? What do they sell? I'm used to milkbars, and dairys as names for small corner shops.
--
Cheers,
In article <9852640162182589.NC-

American "drugstores" are often like a combination of a NZ dairy and a pharmacy in one large store.
--
Get Credit Where Credit Is Due
http://www.cardreport.com /

"Antipodean Bucket Farmer"

As an American, I see American drug stores as Canadian owned retail establishments that sell little purple and yellow pills, along with various items found in restrooms at gasoline stations.
Most "American" drug stores are really "Canadian" drug stores. Eckerds was sold by JCPenney to Canadians. CVS is owned by Canadians. Walgreens must be owned by French Canadians as their prices are in line with the pricing at Eckerds and CVS.
What drug store is left? Osco? Those are drug stores in the north and I used to think Eckerds and Osco were of the same corporation when I was a kid but I really never had an interest in knowing or caring. They just looked a bit similar.
Then there is a pharmacy in just about every grocery store, a pharmacy in most Wal-Marts and K-Marts. In fact, if I really think about it, I think there are definitely more drug stores in the United States than there are McDonalds.
In fact, the only retail establishment that there might be more of...
Gas Stations Car Dealerships (in Florida this would be a very close call)
I wonder who owns all the gas?
-- Jim Carlock Post replies to newsgroup.