edible landscaping

Hi there everyone, I'm knew to the forum, I'm looking to start a knew gardening service in London based on edible landscaping.

I'm looking at more unusual food sources, and was wondering if anyone has eaten rosa rugosa hips, and know of any especially tasty varieties of rugosa.

Another one i'm interested in is Berberis georgii - it produces copious amounts of berries and is a great low maintenance plant - in the unlikely event anyone has tasted them let me know!

Also has anyone eaten musk mallow leaves, ive read they make a good alternative to lettuce in salads (the flowers are also edible).

I am also stuck for good plant sources of protein that are perennial and not of too vast proportians. Other than Bamboo shoots and the obvious nut trees, I'm struggling finding something smaller for the average garden. Does anyone know/can think of anything?

Cheers, Marc

p.s What are peoples experiences with slugs and wild strawberries, do they show good resilience or am i going to be looking at a lot of stalks!

Reply to
mr705705