Hungarian Wax Pepper Color

Is a Hungarian wax banana pepper hotter when red or yellow ?
--
Jim Carlock
http://www.911forthetruth.com /
Jim Carlock
http://www.911forthetruth.com /

I usually dry out the seeds in an airing/laundry cupboard for a day or two, and then store somewhere dark and cool until time comes to propagate the following year.
BTW If you handle them without gloves, be sure to wash your hands in milk or oil (the active ingredient - capsaicin - is soluable in oil), as washing them in water just spreads it. The same goes for getting some in your eyes: just rinse out with milk.
Another solution to capasaicin on the hands or in the eyes is to wash with baby shampoo, rinsing with water which in this case not only doesn't cause tears but will stop them!
susan, who's been gone awhile
David Fisher wrote:

they are hottest when they are red
rosie z5