Garlic question

If there is anyone in the forum from the northeast USA who buys garlic for planting, do you have a favorite source to share? My experience with garlic from a local (Long Island, NY) garlic festival was very disappointing, Is mail order from someone like Johnny's or Main Potato Lady the way to go? Is anyone familiar with the Hudson Valley Garlic Festival in Saugerties, NY? is it a good source? -Charlie

I've gotten most of my varieties from the Hudson Valley Festival..... remember that garlic adapts to local conditions, so you want to get it close to home, or grow it out for a few years before writing it off. I usually get just a couple of bulbs of something new, so I don't have a big investment in time/space trying them out. How much do you want to plant?
Hi- I had a bad experience (diseased heads of garlic) at a local (Long Island, NY) garlic festival last year so I was wondering if there are any folks from the northeast USA in the forum who buy garlic to plant, do you have any favorite sources? Is it better to go mail order from someplace like Johnny's or Main Potato Lady? Is anyone familiar with the Hudson Valley Garlic Festival in Saugerties, NY? -Charlie

Did you see my previous reply? I see you're posting via Google Groups, so possibly not; they're intermittently b0rken.
On 07/31/2011 06:41 AM, Gary Woods wrote:

Giganews. They have a monthly plan for $4.99.
Mysterious Traveler wrote:

Teranews is free after a $3.95 setup fee , and includes access to binaries (though they also have paid access options too). I use it , with an eternal-september account for backup in case tera goes down - which it does from time to time . BTW , e-s is also free , but does not include binary access , which is why it isn't my primary news account .
--
Snag
Learning keeps

Much better IMHO is BlockNews. http://www.blocknews.net / Buy your bandwidth in blocks that never expire until they're used up. I bought 10 GB in May 2010 for $4.50 and I will probably die before it's all used. Just went into my account and here's what it says: You Have Used 0.48362 GBs Of Your 10 GBs Purchased. That's 32 cents a month so far with over 9.5 GB left. And, they do binaries.
Ross.