Cutting back raspberry bushes

When should I cut back my raspberry bushes, now or in the spring? I live in Zone 5.
Jo
Jo M said:

I usually wait until spring. I could remove all the old canes which fruited in the summer right now but I'd rather wait until spring to thin the new canes so I can see which ones are strongest and healthiest, and so I leave the old canes until spring to do it all at once.
If you don't want a summer crop from a fall bearing variety (like Heritage or Polana) you can mow them all down any time after the foliage has turned color and fallen.

Canes that fruited should be pruned at the end of each season, leaving one-year old canes that will fruit most vigorously next season.