Corn already tasseling and sprouting ears....

I am worried that my sweet corn is a failure. It is only 4-5 feet high and already has tassels and very small ears forming. This is my first year planting corn and I think it is doomed. Where did I go wrong??
Damon
Damon Heron wrote:

I don't know where you are, but 'round here, I'm delighted to get corn that's 4 or 5 feet high. I planted some last year in containers....so including the container, they weren't much taller than me (at 5'4"). I got three or four delicious ears off each of them.
..
Zone 5b in Canada's not-much-of-a-corn-belt Far East.
--

We must change the way we live,
or the climate will do it for us.

Same variety of corn?

--
Billy

Depends on which cultivar you planted, Few sweet corn varieties get more than 7 feet, and many top out at 3-4 ft. If it looks healthy (dark green) and is shooting and tasseling you should be fine. For future reference tho, It pays to know the name of the cultivar (variety) and the growth pattern expected.