Grass tasseling

I live in wisconsin and have a lawn which I beleive is bluegrass and rye. The lawn looks good but I lately the grass has started tasseling eventhough the grass is no longer than 2 to 3 inches long. Is this normal or is there something wrong? We have had quite a bit of rain but then we had a week long dry spell, plus I mulch my grass rather than bag. I also weed and feed on a regular basis.

Thanks

Reply to
donald

If by tasseling you are saying there's seed at the tops of some of the plants, you are describing the annual grasses in your lawn. Those plants will die on their own soon and drop those tassels (seed). That seed will germinate in the late summer, and that plants annual life cycle will start all over again.

Reply to
Steveo

That was exactly what is happening. I just wanted to make sure this is normal.

Thanks for the info.

Reply to
donald