How do you spell this? Kind of fertilizer

Hello - Someone suggested a type of fertilizer for my lawn. I can pronounce it but cant spell it. It sounds like urea, your-ree-ah. How is it spelled and what is it?

Thanks!

Reply to
No

Thanks, I found the spelling. "Urea" Now what is it and why would my lawn need it???

No
46-0-0 a source of nitrogen. A synthesized version of the stuff in your urine. Apply sparingly.
Reply to
bamboo

It never occurred to you to look at some of the links on that very page???

Reply to
G Henslee

No

It's lawn candy canes..it will burn it up pronto too.

Reply to
Steveo

If you dont have a fungus in your lawn do NOT apply this. Sounds to me like someone learned something and took it out of context. Apply this late, and i mean late, in the season as a winterizer and thats it. If you want a good fertilizer for your lawn tell us what your needs are, I'm sure we can help you out.

Reply to
jamogod

"If you dont have a fungus in your lawn do NOT apply this. Sounds to me like someone learned something and took it out of context. Apply this late, and i mean late, in the season as a winterizer and thats it."

So, if he has fungus, it's ok to apply pure nitrogen? High nitrogen promotes fungus and whether he has it or not, it's a good way to start a fungus problem or make a small one worse. And the conventional advice is a winterizer is a balanced product, with less nitrogen than normal, not pure nitrogen. You could certainly use urea if you happen to have it as a source of nitrogen, applied carefully, but for most home applications, there are much better choices.

Reply to
trader4