A Dumb Carrot question

Hi Guys,
You guys are going to love this question as it shows just how little I know about gardening.
I know that if you take an organic potato (not sprayed with an anti sprouting agent), cut it into pieces, and plant it, you get potatoes.
Well, can you do the same with a organic carrot? Much easier than fighting with tiny carrot seeds.
Many thanks, -T

No: Carrots are biennials, and the root is storing energy to make flowers the following year. Except that we eat them first. FWIW, Queen Ann's Lace is wild carrot -pull one up and crack the root and smell. It will cross freely with domesticated carrots, so takes elaborate birth control measures to prevent this if you're growing seed.
On 04/22/2016 04:42 PM, Gary Woods wrote:

Rats!