Latest threads in Fruit and Vegetable Gardeningshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

onion planting question
Hi All, My potato onions and shallots ar in the ground. Some of the onions ans shallots were doubles, so I broke them apart. Question: on about 1/3 of the doubles when I broke the apart, I exposed the...
2
2

A month late ...
but our first frost is predicted for tonight . Usually happens in mid-October , this is shaping up to be a weird winter . Hoping for mild weather for about the next 3 weeks , until I get the new...
6
6

Tomato questions?
Hi All, We have has several big wind storm come through and they blew down, rather, bend over some of my wire tomato cages. And we have had several freezing night. Odd, the tomatoes that blew over did...
3
3

"and salt" ???
Hi All, says that choke berries are "tolerant to drought, soil compaction, and salt." "salt"? When used in this context, is that another word for "alkali"? Many thanks, -T
2
2

Humic Acid?
My soil is very alkali. Is this a good idea? Amazon.com : Down To Earth Organic Granular Humic Acids Fertilizer Mix, 1 lb : Garden & Outdoor Down to Earth Granular Humic Acids is a one pound box of...
8
8

Anyone know a good place to buy Choke Berry plants
Plants, not the seeds. Little plants. I can't afford big ones.
6
6

Another Warm Week
It was 78 today, here north of Baltimore, and they're expecting 77 on Thursday. My outdoor shiitake mushroom logs are starting to sprout, so the warm weather should give them time to mature. Paul
3
3

Dark Skies
Hi All, Woke up this morning with bright sunlight and not a cloud in the sky. The Weather Service said a storm was approaching and that we might see it as soon as 11:00. It is 12:00 now and the sky is...
1
1

Gardens
We lived in Saudi Arabia for five years in the early eighties, in a two story concrete town house. Had a small area outside the dining room where we planted frangi pani and had our imported Thai...
6
6

looks much better this year for CA water
the collection of reservoirs i watch last year was around 6-7 million acre feet of water about this time. this year it is close to 12maf. the reservoirs that were close to sucking air that were real...
14
14

Baltimore Heat Wave
It's supposed to be in the low 80's for the next couple of days here in the Baltimore, MD, area. Then a rain front moves through and fall begins, temp s dropping into the upper 50's. No frost in the...
5
5

first frost last night
started getting the gardens ready for winter. beautiful day by the looks of things today once the frost/dew burns off... songbird
17
17

Sarkari Results | WBSU BA/B.Sc/B.Com Part I Results
WBSU BA/B.Sc/B.Com Part I Results 2016, As the West Bengal State Universit y (WBSU) successfully conducted the B.A, B.Sc, and B.Com casual & regular P art I examination in the month of July/ August...

Freeze alert
National weather service has a freeze alert for tonight. I have to go pick everything in an hour or so. Bummer. There is a wind, so there is an outside chance ...
7
7

Re: Roofing Dust, including from old cedar shingles on herp garden
shop vaccuum it up? songbird
1
1