A month late ...

but our first frost is predicted for tonight . Usually happens in mid-October , this is shaping up to be a weird winter . Hoping for mild weather for about the next 3 weeks , until I get the new bedroom dried in .

Reply to
Terry Coombs

What is this frost thing Snag? We're hitting mid to high fifties at night and high seventies to eighties in the daytime. Our pear and fig trees are still growing a second crop. Summer vegetables are still producing, picked okra yesterday plus sweet peppers. I can remember when Houston area had winters. I must be old.

George

Reply to
George Shirley

dried in?

we had our first hard freeze last night (down to 24 or so), but have had plenty of lighter frosts.

songbird

Reply to
songbird

What exactly is frost and cold? It's mid-seventies and heading into night fall here in Texas.

Reply to
George Shirley

Gloater .

Reply to
Terry Coombs

Dried in means walls up and sheathed , roof decking on and at least covered with tarpaper . We'll end up with a 1464 sf house with one bedroom .

Reply to
Terry Coombs

Terry Coombs wrote: ...

ok, thanks, g.l. looks good from here for at least the next week. dunno about down there... :)

songbird

Reply to
songbird